Domestic Panel Applications Form
Domestic Panel Criteria
An arbitrator who wishes to apply for inclusion on the Domestic Panel must:
- have issued at least two arbitration awards;
- demonstrate at least five years’ experience in arbitration or litigation as arbitrator, judge, advocate, instructing solicitor, expert witness, or in any other similar capacity;
- be a Fellow of the CIArb or demonstrate a similar level of knowledge of arbitration law and practice;
- provide a copy of his or her latest curriculum vitae;
- provide copies of two sanitised arbitration-related documents, one of which must be an award;
- provide two written references;
- confirm that they have not been found guilty of misconduct by any court or disciplinary tribunal; and
- be resident in Scotland.
In exceptional circumstances, persons with substantial relevant experience who do not otherwise meet all of the requirements listed above may be considered.