There are a number of reasons why parties may be attracted to Scotland. Advantages include:
- the new state-of-the-art law;
- arbitration in Scotland is very cost effective due to the flexibility of the law and restricted appeal processes;
- we are an English-speaking jurisdiction;
- we are, in arbitration terms, separate from England – this neutrality may be attractive to foreign parties in dispute with English firms;
- Scotland is a very attractive venue in which to arbitrate, with good transport links and accommodation;
- we have a mature legal system to back up arbitration, with judges who appreciate the need to support the arbitral process, without unwanted interference.