This event will take place on 7 December 2017 at the EICC, Edinburgh. It will provide practical strategies in choosing the best form of ADR to help your clients avoid disputes altogether or resolve them as efficiently as possible. Aimed at those in the construction sector, the conference will provide a roundup of the latest case law to ensure you translate the outcomes and learnings from these into your everyday practice. During the day you will also learn how to challenge third party decisions, navigate international disputes and delay and disruption claims.
• Get up-to-speed with common contracting pitfalls and gain a wealth of payment case law updates from the last few years to ensure you know what employers, main contractors and sub contractors should be including in their contracts.
• Learn what form of ADR is best for construction cases and review the different forms of ADR methods to assess the pros and cons of different alternative dispute resolution methods to best advise your clients.
• Understand both the contractor and client perspective to avoid future conflicts, providing you with strategies for managing stakeholder relationships and incentivising co-operation.
• Gain a greater understanding of 3am Clauses and how to make the right choices, giving you the knowledge of how parties to international commercial agreements can make informed choices.
• Network with your colleagues and gain useful tips, strategies and dispute resolution mechanisms which can be applied in your own business practices.
View the agenda to see the full programme and sessions throughout the day.
Hear from key speakers including:
• Len Bunton, Director, Bunton Consulting
• Lisa Cattanach, Director, Construction Dispute Resolution
• Janey Milligan, Managing Director, Construction Dispute Resolution
Ensure you register today and benefit from the chance to network with your peers and share best practice to keep you at the forefront of the complex area of construction disputes. For more information and to sign up, please click here